**Hiring** Freight Broker in Birmingham, AL and Chattanooga, TN
Are you looking for a change?
Want to join an awesome, fun, fast- growing company. We thought the answer would be yes!
If so apply by sending your resume to email@example.com
Freight Brokers are expected and not limited to:
- Producing their own customers/carrier
- Exercising independent judgement
- Negotiation of freight coverage between customer to broker and carrier to broker situations
- Analysis of freight trends for varying modes of transportation and commodity types
- Relationship management between broker to carrier and broker to customer relations.
In this role, an individual will be accountable for ensuring that all aspects of their customers’/ carriers’ freight processes are operating at maximum potential, that full truckload shipments are being covered for customers, and that LTL shipments are effectively managed.
- Research and production of potential customers/carriers
- Accessing customer/carrier needs and providing solutions
- Utilizing the tools and software provided to assist customers/carriers
- Price negotiation of freight
- Dispatch capacities
- Cold Calling
- Facilitating shipments with excellent customer service and with on time delivery/pickups
Key Knowledge and Experience:
- Strong customer service skills, problem solving skills, and the ability to multi-task.
- Strong people skills including ability to build relationships with customers.
- Must be goal oriented and self-motivated to drive results.
- Superior time management skills, organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to demonstrate appropriate phone and email etiquette.
- Team player with a positive attitude that remains focused in a fast-paced environment.
- Negotiation skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field is preferred but not required.
- Minimum of one-year relevant work experience in sales, logistics, and brokerage will be considered in lieu of Bachelor’s degree.
- Salary plus commission and monthly bonuses.
- First Year Earnings Range from $40,000 to $55,000.
- Competitive benefits that include cell phone, health insurance, dental, vision, PTO, retirement match and a variety of other options. The company also pays a portion of your health insurance.
- You will never be capped in earning potential.
Job Type: Full-Time
Customer Service/ Inside Sales: 1 year
- Birmingham, AL
- Chattanooga, TN